Amsterdam, 20 March 2019 - X5 Retail Group N.V. ('X5' or the 'Company'), a leading Russian food retailer (LSE and MOEX ticker: "FIVE"), invites the Company's shareholders and holders of global depository receipts to X5's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (the 'AGM'). The AGM will be held at Parkstraat 20, 2514 JK The Hague, The Netherlands at 11.00 am CET on Friday, 10 May 2019.
The record date for shareholders eligible to participate in the AGM is 12 April 2019.
The Supervisory Board proposes to re-appoint Igor Shekhterman as CEO and member of the Management Board for a two-year period ending on the day of the annual general meeting of shareholders to be held in 2021.
Stephan DuCharme, Chairman of the Supervisory Board commented:
"The Supervisory Board is very pleased with the results X5 has achieved over the last years under Igor Shekhterman's leadership as CEO and with the work of the entire management team in 2018. We are therefore proposing that shareholders prolong Igor's contract."
The other agenda items to be discussed at the AGM include:
- Report of the Management Board for the financial year 2018;
- Financial Statements for the financial year 2018, including
- proposal to adopt the 2018 Financial Statements;
- proposal to determine the dividend over the financial year 2018;
- Re-appointment of Frank Lhoëst and appointment of Quinten Peer as members of the Management Board;
- Re-appointment of Stephan DuCharme, Petr Demchenkov, Geoff King, Michael Kuchment and appointment of Alexander Torbakhov as members of the Supervisory Board;
- Proposal to amend the remuneration policy for members of the Supervisory Board.
The full AGM agenda, including explanatory notes, is available on the X5 website at:
X5's Annual Report for the financial year 2018 is available on the Company's website at:
Download (PDF. 0.2 MB)